Morisawa Award and People’s Choice
- Size of entry sheets
- Entry sheets must be A3 in size (297mm x 420mm).
- Free Presentation
- In free presentation sheet, you are free to use any character size and to set any way you want. However, names of entrants, their membership organizations and typefaces should not be appeared in the sentence. Using the existing typefaces is also prohibited.
- How do I submit a font family?
- We will accept 1 weight as 1 work (entry).
In cases where you are planning to submit a font family, there is a special work ID. Please obtain the ID for each weight (or style).
- How do I choose black color?
Your entry works will be printed for the screening meeting.
In Application Guideline, the format is set as:
- Do you accept my handwriting?
Yes. Please check out the Application Guideline:
- In Kanji Category, is Latin alphabet necessary to create?
- [Only for Kanji Category] The alphabet letters is optional, not required, in Morisawa Award and People’s Choice.
- What is the Variable Fonts?
- Variable Fonts are the fonts designed utilizing the technology called OpenType Font Variations, which newly introduced in OpenType 1.8.
Please check this post for more details.
- Will the winning works of Akashi award be produced and marketed by Morisawa?
- Not same as the past competitions, the winning works of Akashi award is not intended to commercialization.
- Where does the name of Akashi come from?
- The name of Akashi Award is from Akashi City (Hyogo Pref.) which is the address of Morisawa Bunken Inc. that is assuming a large role in creating Morisawa Fonts.